Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Schwinn Prelude Fixie $300







This is the perfect bicycle for tall hip Philly men. The wheels are brand new with zero miles. The rims are Mavic CXP22 laced to Formula sealed bearing hubs. The rear hub is a flip flop with a 14 tooth Dura Ace cog and lock ring. The chain ring is a 40 tooth - that makes 76 gear inches. The tires are Specialized Armadillos that I rode from Philly to Val D'or - so they're not new, but they still have a few hundred miles before they're kaput. If you want brand new 700x28c Paselas, I'll install them for $40 - that's cheap, look around.

The frame is a 61cm Schwinn Prelude. It's a higher quality Chicago-built Schwinn with Columbus tubing. Not the holy grail - but highly respectable. If you're at least 6' tall, and don't have specifically short legs, this is for you. Preferred applicants will like pink.

I converted this myself, and I've done plenty of fixies and conversions before. This bicycle was in awesome condition when I bought it. I converted it to fixed gear because it had Phil Wood freewheel hubs, and I snabbed those for my personal bicycle. I had these wheels waiting to be used - and this was the perfect opportunity. I left both brakes on for several reasons. 1) safety 2) it's nice to rest your hands on the hoods 3) if you want to put a freewheel on and make it a single speed, you should really have two brakes. Now you're ready(!)

If you can pick this up in West Chester or Kennett Square, I'm going to sell it to you first.

1 comment:

G. Schuyler Cadwalader said...

Can't see the pics man! Send them to me if it's still available, curious.
gscadwalader@gmail.com